After feeling pretty deflated form Module 2. I wasn't at all looking forward to Module 3 in any shape or form. I think most of my problem with the last module was that i didn't allow any time for doing my work and allowed my business to take up more time than it needed. I also only attended one campus session last module which was incredibly helpful but i only wished i had attended all 3.
Making sure i attended this first session, i realised how important these campus sessions are for me. Being able to interact with other students on the course and getting an answer back to all my questions set me in the right course for Module 3.
For me, this campus session was all about planning & preparation for the work we are about to undertake in the next few weeks. I was reminded by paula that even though we made a full proposal back in Module 2, i have had worries that maybe i bit off more than i could chew and i might have to make small changes to my inquiry and data collection. Paula confirm that subtle changes could be made but anything drastic would need to be approved.
We are advised to make sure we look at our feedback for our inquiry proposal and reply to our advisor with a short 1 page summary. Responding to any suggestions made to us.
4 areas that i will be focusing at the moment i noted down
1. Topic Area & Inquiry Questions
2. Ethical Issues
3. Researching Literature
4. Gathering Data
We are advised to write down 3 actions that be next on our agenda list. I wrote down these
Action: Consent Forms - Send consent forms and a guideline to the parents of my school advising them of my inquiry and what it involves.
Action: Find Literature - Deeper searching of literature that is relevant to my questions and can be used for my literature review.
Action: Framework - Write up framework for my data collection i.e Interview questions, Survey Questions, Marking scheme for my observations.
After attending this session, it has given me great start to this module and made me realise how important communication with my fellow BAPP members is! I will be using blogging a lot more during this module to make sure i don't end up leaving all my questions unanswered.
I am now ready for Module 3. Let the work begin. Bring IT
Making sure i attended this first session, i realised how important these campus sessions are for me. Being able to interact with other students on the course and getting an answer back to all my questions set me in the right course for Module 3.
For me, this campus session was all about planning & preparation for the work we are about to undertake in the next few weeks. I was reminded by paula that even though we made a full proposal back in Module 2, i have had worries that maybe i bit off more than i could chew and i might have to make small changes to my inquiry and data collection. Paula confirm that subtle changes could be made but anything drastic would need to be approved.
We are advised to make sure we look at our feedback for our inquiry proposal and reply to our advisor with a short 1 page summary. Responding to any suggestions made to us.
4 areas that i will be focusing at the moment i noted down
1. Topic Area & Inquiry Questions
2. Ethical Issues
3. Researching Literature
4. Gathering Data
We are advised to write down 3 actions that be next on our agenda list. I wrote down these
Action: Consent Forms - Send consent forms and a guideline to the parents of my school advising them of my inquiry and what it involves.
Action: Find Literature - Deeper searching of literature that is relevant to my questions and can be used for my literature review.
Action: Framework - Write up framework for my data collection i.e Interview questions, Survey Questions, Marking scheme for my observations.
After attending this session, it has given me great start to this module and made me realise how important communication with my fellow BAPP members is! I will be using blogging a lot more during this module to make sure i don't end up leaving all my questions unanswered.
I am now ready for Module 3. Let the work begin. Bring IT

Hi Luke,
ReplyDeleteI felt compelled to comment after reading your introduction that you were feeling deflated from Module Two. I think we are all approaching this course from very different angles. Some of us are employed, some are resting performers, others are running their own business and more are looking for direction...
Module Two was interesting as we all started to peel off in different directions after collaborating in module one,focussing on the same tasks.
I am finding the course really useful as a method of market research for my business. Therefore, it's more about the process rather than ticking boxes to gain the degree. I don't think there is any right or wrong approach or method, but I do think that we have to be fully engaged in the process to get the most out of the course.
I have learnt a vast amount from blogging on here and from using LinkedIn as a source of information and collaboration. The more you give, the more you receive. I truly believe in that.
It sounds as though you are back on track now having attended the campus session, which is great to hear.
It's funny because the campus sessions have almost the opposite affect for me and I tend to spend a few days of self-doubt and confusion until I pull myself together and re-engage!
I look forward to reading more about your progress in module three. Enjoy the journey! :-)
Best Wishes,
Jo
Again as Jo said great to hear you are back on track. After read your blog I wrote pretty much the same thing but in my own words. I found myself in the same position, finding it hard to get back up and start again.
ReplyDeleteAs Jo said there is no right or wrong and that is something Ive always struggled with. I think that is why I preferred Math at school as there was always a right or wrong answer. Now that we have all gone down different avenues I feel as though I am on my own. All a great learning curve. Keep us all up to date. Kimberly
Hi Luke
ReplyDeleteHow is it going now? The campus session last thursday focused on breaking down the four areas for the critical review (Introduction, Evaluation, analysis of data from data gathering tools/from literature and critical reflection) and also explaining our questions from campus session 1 "What is an Artefact?"
I now understand an Artefact to be something you have produced from your inquiry to help you in your oral presentation. For example a Poster, Film, Role play or Power Point presentation. This is to be suitable for your target audience. I may use a poster to put up in the staff room at work to inform colleagues of my inquiry and findings.
Gemma
How is it going Luke - where are you in the inquiry process?
ReplyDelete