It's the easter holidays and finally something has begun for me with module 3!
After weeks of doing nothing in absolute fear of how i would even begin the mammoth task of the critical review. I've finally managed to get my thoughts down and make a start. It's been overwhelming to read all the literature and just keep discovering more and more. It's great how one piece of literature can open up a whole catalogue of new literature to read.
I'm just hoping i can get lots done before the easter holidays finish and i am once again back into work mode. However, now i have made a start i know exactly what i want and won't be afraid finishing.
My only concern is my artefact for which i am totally clueless about. I'm waiting for that Eureka! moment....
After weeks of doing nothing in absolute fear of how i would even begin the mammoth task of the critical review. I've finally managed to get my thoughts down and make a start. It's been overwhelming to read all the literature and just keep discovering more and more. It's great how one piece of literature can open up a whole catalogue of new literature to read.
I'm just hoping i can get lots done before the easter holidays finish and i am once again back into work mode. However, now i have made a start i know exactly what i want and won't be afraid finishing.
My only concern is my artefact for which i am totally clueless about. I'm waiting for that Eureka! moment....

Hi Luke
ReplyDeleteAt campus session 2 Paula showed us some examples of Artefacts. These were a poster, video clip of a dance lesson and a comedy clip/post. We also discussed 'Power points" and role play. I think it is how you can promote or advertise your findings to your target audience, what you will do for the oral presentation in June. Im sure this will become clear once the written critical review is complete.
Personally i am struggling to find enough time each day to compete the tasks and there always seems to be more work to do. There is still another 6 weeks i believe. We can do it!!!
Gemma
Hi Luke, Paula, suggested I take a look at your blog as we are focusing on similar topics. For my inquiry I am looking at activities and teaching methods that motivate boys. As there is not too much research relating to the dance class, I am researching gender differences in education and relating them to the dance classroom. Do you have a delicious account as perhaps we could share articles, I found your research articles really helpful some of them I have also looked at. It does seem that our inquiries are linked, in that perhaps if we we were able to find effective teaching strategies for boys then maybe they would be inspired to continue in the profession. Betty x
ReplyDeleteHi Betty,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear someone else is looking into a similar topic. I do have a delicious account but haven't used it much. I can send you some literature i have come across on my searching. Drop me an email:-noodlesluke@gmail.com
It would be great to touch base with you and see if i have missed any literature on my travels. I also have looked into gender differences, as well as the psychology of adolescents towards dance education (especially boys)
Hey Luke,
ReplyDeleteglad to hear that you did have also problems to start the critical review. I had have the same fear, but now after starting to write it is much more easier, even though it is a lot work to do. But the fear changed a little bit in exiting. I am exiting about the results, of my work but also of others. And I am curious about the final results of the work I had so much work with. The combination and the balance to find between everyday regular work, free time and study was most challenging for me. But now I see light at the end of the tunnel.
I hope you can bring everything to a successful point!
Cathy